Working Together for Your Oral Health
During an initial visit Dr. Pham will talk to you and assess your past dental experiences so that he can improve your experience at the dentist. At this appointment, Dr. Pham will take approximately an hour to do a thorough dental examination, which will include radiographs, diagnosis and a treatment plan. We review your pertinent medical history, perform a head and neck exam and cancer screening, as well as check for decay, which may be present on your teeth. Also, we will perform a thorough periodontal examination (check for gum disease) to determine your complete level of oral health.
If you have anxiety about dental work, Dr. Pham will give you different options for making the appointment more comfortable. Dr. Pham believes that by consistently refining his dental skills, each procedure is done with the least amount of discomfort to you. In addition, pain management options may include either nitrous oxide (laughing gas), oral sedation or intravenous sedation.
When the examination is completed and the treatment plan explained, we will schedule the appointments for the indicated and recommended treatment. In the event the patient’s treatment plan is too extensive or additional information is needed, Dr. Pham may schedule an additional visit prior to commencing treatment in order to make sure all of the treatment is explained properly and with clarity. Because every mouth is different, you may require oral surgery, aggressive tooth repair, or just regular, routine visits.
Before your first visit, we can send registration forms to you, which we ask that you fill out prior to the appointment. We pride ourselves on the service we provide our patients.
- For those of you with dental insurance, we are happy to bill your company as a courtesy to you. We ask that you pay your estimated portion of the balance at the time of your visit. We will provide estimates as accurately as possible, however, please understand that we can not guarantee these estimates. They are based solely on the information given to us by you and your insurance company. In order for us to bill your insurance properly, it is necessary for you to provide accurate and complete information at the time of your first visit. Please understand that the balance of your treatment, regardless of your insurance compensation, is your responsibility.
- For those of you without dental insurance, we will expect payment at the time of service. In extreme circumstances or major restorative work, we may, at times, be able to divide your balance into no more than 3 payments, the first to be paid at the time of your visit. Please let us know if there is a concern at the time we present your treatment plan, as this will only occur if approved prior to treatment.
- It is not our policy to carry outstanding balances, therefore any accounts that have not been paid in full by 60 days after treatment will be assessed an 18% per annum interest charge, calculated on the first of each month.
- Appointments are scheduled on an individual basis, reflecting the amount of time needed to complete specific treatment. We do, however, realize that everyone has busy schedules. If you need to change or cancel an appointment, we ask that you call us no later than 48 hours in advance (Mondays through Thursdays), so that this time may be used for other patients in need. Failure to do so may result in a late cancellation, or broken appointment fee.
- In the event of an after-hours emergency, a fee of $100.00 will be assessed, in addition to the fees assessed for the treatment rendered. Payment for this fee will be expected at the time of the visit.